The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) launched the second call for EPFLglobaLeaders, a new international doctoral fellowship programme funding early stage researchers to become leaders in the transition towards sustainable societies. In total, forty-eight doctoral fellows will benefit from a multifaceted training programme, including a secondment in the non-academic sector. They will be enrolled in one of the 21 EPFL doctoral programmes.
Deadline for application: April 15, 2021
Duration: 48 months, starting at the earliest on November 1, 2021 and the latest on March 1, 2022
Eligibility: Applicants must hold a Master’s degree, be an Early Stage Researchers (not more than four years of full-time research, no doctoral degree obtained), and not have resided or carried out main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Switzerland for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline.
The programme has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement. Therefore, the student will receive a grant of 1935 which will be part of the full PhD students’ salary for 48 months.
Please visit the websites and flyer below for detailed information.
EPFL PhD application website
For specific inquiries, please contact the EPFL Research Office (email@example.com).
List of doctoral programmes at EPFL
- Advanced manufacturing program (EDAM)
- Architecture and Sciences of the City (EDAR)
- Biotechnology and Bioengineering (EDBB)
- Computational and Quantitative Biology (EDCB)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (EDCE)
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering (EDCH)
- Digital Humanities (EDDH)
- Electrical Engineering (EDEE)
- Energy (EDEY)
- Finance (EDFI)
- Computer and Communication Sciences (EDIC)
- Mathematics (EDMA)
- Mechanics (EDME)
- Microsystems and Microelectronics (EDMI)
- Molecular Life Sciences (EDMS)
- Management of Technology (EDMT)
- Materials Science and Engineering (EDMX)
- Neuroscience (EDNE)
- Photonics (EDPO)
- Physics (EDPY)
- Robotics, Control, and Intelligent Systems (EDRS)